Using its SECU academic initiative, the Southeastern Conference sponsors, supports and promotes collaborative higher education programs and activities involving administrators, faculty and students at its fourteen member universities. The SEC also provides an online platform to showcase achievements of these individuals on regional, national and international levels.
- Highlight the endeavors and achievements of SEC faculty, students and universities
- Advance the academic reputation of SEC universities beyond their traditional regions
- Identify and prepare future leaders for high-level service in academia
- Increase the amount and type of education abroad opportunities available for students
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among SEC university personnel
SECU PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
SEC Network Coverage Plans For SEC Symposium Announced09.17.2014
By: Sean Cartell September 17, 2014 The Southeastern Conference announced on Wednesday that the SEC Network will cover the 2014 Southeastern Conference Symposium, highlighted by a live digital stream of the opening keynote address from Nancy Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the American...
Undergraduate Students Play Key Role At SEC Symposium09.15.2014
By: Sean Cartell September 15, 2014 BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Designed to address a significant scholarly issue by utilizing the range of disciplinary strengths of all Southeastern Conference universities, the annual SEC Symposium is an opportunity for collaboration among SEC...